Oranjestad Aruba weather

Discussion in 'Aruba' started by sassy1, Jun 24, 2008.

1. sassy1

sassy1 New Member

We have never been to Aruba and we got a Aruba vacation package deal that has accommodation in Oranjestad Aruba. after booked everything now wondering about Aruba weather concerns around that time, and what all there is to do in Oranjestad. is this a good vacation spot? we're going in October ... bunch of thanks.

2. Andrew

Andrew Moderator

Vacation package deal is a good idea to have the vacation in Oranjestad Aruba. Don't worry about the weather condition because it's always warm, sunny and windy year around. Aruba is a small island which has approx. 6 miles by 20 miles, so the main activities are scuba diving, snorkeling, golf, jeep tour, horseback riding and enjoying the beaches. In Oranjestad, you can enjoy the beautiful beaches, excellent snorkeling, vibrant nightlife and some more activities including fishing.

If your are interested in Fishing, then there are plenty of boats available to hire at the Marina located next to the Ren Marketplace, you can rent a boat and enjoy the activity.

The nightlife in Oranjestad is vibrant and varied. It offers various shows and night time entertainment including bike tricks and Harley rides in Black Hog Saloon,disco dancing in Cafe Bahia and hip hop and other modern music in Euphoria.

You can explore many places in caravan-style with a Jeep, if you head towards the northern part of the island then there is a California Lighthouse and De Palm Island which offers buffet barbecue lunch. In addition do the snorkeling in pristine waters and explore colorful marine life. Drive through the schooner harbor of Oranjestad and view the harbour as well.

You can even visit few other attractions outside Oranjestad area. Just climb up the top of Hooiberg in the early morning which is located 10 km east of Oranjestad. Climbing up the hundreds of carved steps is a great effort but it has the best views. The other good spot is the Butterfly Farm which is about 7 km from Oranjestad. Go early in the morning here as well.

Here I gave only few things to do in Oranjestad area, but if you go there you will find more. have a happy trip!

3. sassy1

sassy1 New Member

hi, thanks for the input. when will be the Aruba music festival takes place, I heard that last year it was held in October, this year too? if it is in October then i'm very lucky as our trip is in October... please anyone confirm it, so that i'll organize our trip according to it....

4. drhomes

drhomes New Member

yes you're right, the Aruba music festival is held every year in october and this year it' going to be at Aruba entertainment center on 10th & 11th of October. It's the 7th annual music festival. so really you're lucky if you take place in the festival. best of luck!

5. sassy1

sassy1 New Member

where is Aruba entertainment center located? is it far from Oranjestad, i think we can't go if it is far.. tell me the ticket price too.

6. Andrew

Andrew Moderator

hi sassy, don't worry, the Aruba Entertainment Center is very near to Oranjestad, just 5 minutes from downtown Oranjestad by car.Taxies are available, or you can go by private bus which picks you up from your hotel and brings you back after the show. so don't miss this important and one of the popular Aruba Events. Go there and enjoy the classic rock music.The ticket price could be $50, for more details call them on 1-800-390-4936 and clarify it.