Oz - What to do

Discussion in 'Australia' started by LYN1, Dec 29, 2009.

Tags:
  1. LYN1

LYN1 New Member

Hi, I am travelling to Oz at the end of March on Honeymoon for three weeks. Going to Hamilton island for 6 nights, Surfers Paradise 4 nights and Sydney for 8.

Does anybody have any recommendations (restaurants, bars, tours, places to do/avoid).

Thank you

2. Ruby

Ruby Guest

hi there,

If you can make it, do check out the Great Barrier Reef located in Townsville, Queensland. You can also do diving there as the area is one of the most diverse underwater systems to explore in the world.

Also, one of the most popular things to do in Australia include taking a guided tour of the Australian outback to experience Australia natural scenery.

Safety tips

1) Be cautious while you are driving on the road and do not pick up hitchhikers. In some Australian states it is actually illegal. If someone flags you down on the road, keep your doors locked and talk to them through the window.

2) Avoid sunburn and sunstroke by applying sunscreen regularly.

3. LYN1

LYN1 New Member

Hi,

Thank you for the recommendations. What sort of weather can we expect for the following areas:

Hamilton Island (end of March)
    Surfers Paradise (end of March/beginning of Apr)
    Sydney (Beginning of Apr)

Thanks a lot

4. Ruby

Ruby Guest

Hi again,

Hamilton Island (end of March)

Hamilton Island has a tropical climate and from March/April through September and October the island is fanned by the Trade winds. During these months the temperature is always moderate.

Surfers Paradise (end of March/beginning of Apr)

As Surfers Paradise is located on the Gold Coast, the weather has low humidity and pleasant temperatures with occasional rain.

Sydney (Beginning of Apr)

Sydney weather in beginning of April is a delight, with clear, warm days and mild nights

5. The Travel Slut

The Travel Slut 6 continents, 87 countries & 64 cruises so far

I was just on Hamilton Island for 3 nights in September and loved it plus 4 nights in Airlie beach and 3 nights in Brisbane.

I've also traveled in Oz to Sydney, Hunters Valley, Barossa Valley, Adelaide, Cairns, the GBR, Port Douglas, Darwin and area, Alice Springs, Uluru, Perth and Bunbury areas. So much to see and do.

You should have lovely weather that time of year and a fantastic time as the people are some of the finest I've met in all my travels.

Hamilton Island is quite laid back and not much nightlife and I can check back with more info once I return home as I am traveling now...

6. travellingdad

travellingdad New Member

If you really want to get away from it all, try Kangaroo island off South Australia's coast. The wildlife is incredible, beaches are beautiful, and it's very empty. Very little tourism there if you like that.

7. mitchd

mitchd New Member

If you're in Sydney and you're willing to splurge a little, book dinner at Quay or Tetsuyas. I promise you the experience you'll have at both will blow you away! Avoid the Centrepoint Tower restaurant - it's a tourist trap with dreadful food.

As for bars, Zeta Bar (on top of the Sydney Hilton) is an absolutely amazing spot. Opera Bar under the Opera House is quite nice on a warm night too.

8. BlackEyes

BlackEyes Guest

There's too many on my sleeve that you can do in Australia but it will be a hard trek for you because it's more on road tripping like venturing the Tasmania and Perth where there are great national parks there. Also have a sneak peek on the Great Barrier Reef in Cairns.

9. Fowler

Fowler New Member

HI ! firstly congrats to your marriage then after if you want know about which places should to use and which p0lace should to do avoid actually . In Australia has many restaurants legal and illegals bars pubs so i will suggest only one thing you just search in Google which restaurant i is best to spend time and which not i think then you will got new ideas .
    Happy journey !

10. BlackEyes

BlackEyes New Member

If you are going to Sydney on a honeymoon, then I would suggest trying out the Sydney Harbor Bridge Climb during your stay. This one will surely be an exciting activity for both you and your loved one. And if you want, you can also schedule a night climb for an even more romantic ambiance.

11. goneabroad

goneabroad New Member

Congrats on getting married. Those destinations sound fab!

Would you consider going back? How did you like the weather? I find Aussie Summers better than British Summers...might just be because I am sitting in a London office looking out the window at a cloudy day!

Heck, even Aussie Springs are better than British Summers!