Panama canal

Discussion in 'Panama' started by fc123, Jul 9, 2008.

1. fc123

fc123 New Member

Is there any cruise trip available from Los Angeles to Panama Canal, if so how much will it be? whom to contact? anyone been to Panama canal, please share your experience with me.

2. oneoldone

oneoldone New Member

hi, the best time for Panama cruises is between September and April. We have booked Panama Canal cruise through American Cruise&travel and we got 30% discount. so if you are interested then call them on 1-866-214-7447 and get more information. hope this helps!

3. The Travel Slut

The Travel Slut 6 continents, 87 countries & 64 cruises so far

Almost all major cruise lines transit the Panama Canal at least once per year (Princess, Disney, RCL, Regent, Carnival, Holland America, etc).

It is usually a repositioning cruise trip and usually 10-18 days long depending on final destination port (usually Ft. Lauderdale or Miami, Florida).

There are a few lines that do roundtrips (LA to LA or FLL/MIA to FLL/MIA) but only transit the Canal for one day and the return to port of origin.

I arranged and accompanied a large group of a roundtrip FLL-Panama Canal cruise last year and we had a great time on the Coral Princess. It was 10 days and cost about $2500 per person for a balcony cabin.

My 1st cruise ever was in the late 1980's and it was a 14 day Princess cruise (the old Island Princess) from San Juan Puerto Rico to Acapulco Mexico via the canal and I was hooked on cruising ever since (and I have over 50 now).

The experience of transiting the canal and going thru the locks is amazing either the Gatun locks on the Caribbean side or the Pacific Locks..one or both are worthwhile.

Cruising Lake Gatun across Panama is nice also.

Everyone should try it once in their life and I even enjoyed it my 2nd time!

Ann, TS

4. fc123

fc123 New Member

Thanks for the replies :) I have booked and looking forward to travel, see you soon.