Panama City suggestions

Discussion in 'Florida' started by mitraveler, Aug 19, 2016.

1. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

I've got my room booked for January (it was a killer good deal too. I'm staying right on the beach for less than $70 per night).

How is the weather in January? Is it warm enough to swim? I am hoping that it's not too crowded since no one really wants to travel two weeks after Christmas. I sure do since it's my birthday, and there will be a 4 and 0 to my new age.

What should I do when I'm there. Is it possible to see dolphins or manatees up close?

Thanks!

2. Selena Rankins

Selena Rankins New Member

Accommodation is extremely cheap in Panama city, no doubt you got such a great deal, carry small change for taxis and eat at local street stands, food is good and cheap.

3. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

It is a good time to go. The holidays into January are the off season down there, so that's why you can find a good rate. Plus there are a ton of places to stay so, that brings the prices down. As for things to do, not everything will be open in January. Some of the boat tours shut down around the first of the year until spring. But you can still go the Pier Park and the beaches. Plus, there's a Ripley's Believe it or Not, Wonderworks Museum, and Gulf World to visit. That's where you can see the dolphins. I'm not sure if they're in the Gulf that time of year though.