Paris Travel Deal

Discussion in 'France' started by sas1, Aug 24, 2007.

1. sas1

sas1 New Member

Planning a family get away to Paris in December to celebrate this year Christmas. We'd prefer not to spend too much money, so any recommendations on cheap Paris travel deal. Also would love some recommendations on some of the activities. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Andrew

Andrew Moderator

We went to Paris for Christmas year before last year and it was wonderful. There were many things to see and it had plenty to keep us very busy. We have enjoyed the pretty holiday lights, shopping, ice skating etc., etc. The Beaubourg is the Jewish History Museum and it was opened on Christmas Day. We went through the travel agent Virgin vacations and they arranged our trip and 6-nights hotel accommodation. The rate was cheap and our trip was comfortable. I would definitely go to Paris for the holidays again.

3. tictactoe88

tictactoe88 New Member

as far as activities go, when I was in Paris, the group I was with was able to get tickets to see the Moulin Rouge. It was an amazing show and a great meal. If you like shows, definitely check it out.

4. alt22

alt22 New Member

Hi, Paris is an exciting city with an important cultural heritage, endless museums, art galleries, beautiful displays of architecture of different artistic movements, breathtaking sights and a pretty wild nightlife and visiting at least some of the hundreds of Parisian museums, and marveling at sights such as the Notre dame Cathedral. You can't miss the Eiffel Tower, the Arc de Triomphe, Versailles and the Louvre. To be cheap you have to take the Metro. You're guaranteed a quick, cheap and colorful ride as there are many talented buskers who hop from train to train, bringing a smile to everyone. Of course, yo're never obliged to pay for this free entertainment. A ticket on the Metro cost about 1.30 euros. If you intend to travel more than once, buy 10 tickets for 10.50euros. Last time during our visit to Paris, we got a great travel package and nobody in my family was getting tired when we visited the fabulous places. Everybody was enjoyed so much. We never forget our Paris trip.