Patagonia Glaciers

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by wanderer, Nov 11, 2011.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Mother Nature and Father Time were pretty busy in Patagonia. More than 300 glaciers---marvels of ice---are located in this region of Argentina. The Patagonia glaciers can be found at the aptly named Los Glaciers National Park. It does take some trekking to see the glaciers up close, including boats, 4X4s, and even horseback riding.
  2. myculture

myculture New Member

Patagonia outdoors

"Mother Nature and Father Time" ...nicely put wanderer:) Puerto Madryn and El Calafate in Argentina are two of the best spots in Patagonia for adventure activities like whale watching cruises which are available in Puerto Madryn from June to December. The Glaciers in the El Calafate region are among the most impressive in the entire Patagonian region, and you can trek or go kayaking on the Perito Moreno Glacier.
  3. icansee34

icansee34 New Member

seeing Patagonia glaciers

i agree Perito Moreno Glacier is the must see destination in the Patagonia. My excursion included a guided tour through the country leading up to the glacier, a couple of hours to view Perito Moreno glacier from the balconies and a hike around the area, and an up close and personal view from a boat. I also saw all kinds of wildlife along the way like condors and pink flamingos.
  4. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

My culture, I'm blushing! Thank you for your kind words! I appreciate the further information from both of you!