peak season for a Belize holiday

Discussion in 'Belize' started by JasonGuscott, Mar 10, 2010.

Tags:
  1. JasonGuscott

JasonGuscott New Member

hello everyone...we were planning a Belize holiday for this April although we are not sure if late summer might be best..anyhow, d you guys know when is the peak season for a Belize holiday and when is best time to enjoy the weather there?

2. Ruby

Ruby Guest

hi there,

The peak season for a Belize holiday is between the months of November and April so I would book a trip here between March and May, as it is also the time when you get the best weather for water activities such as diving and snorkeling.

In fact, you'll find many a Belize holiday package that include both diving and snorkeling trips to the Belize Barrier Reef and the Blue Hole, which are two of the best diving spots here.

3. Gaz Cooper

Gaz Cooper New Member

Having lived in Belize for 20 years I have to say Belize is a year round destination depending where in Belize you intend on travelling.

For example if you plan on visiting the islands the best time for best sea conditions is actually in the summer when the winds drop and the sea offers calm diving and snorkeling conditions.

Because Ambergris Caye caye Caulker and other Barrier Reef Islands are located on the windward side there is a strong breeze during the months of Jan through April after that time the winds drop and the sea conditions are much better.

Summer obviously is hotter but in general there is always a nice breeze blowing to keep it cooler.

Summer also is the start of the Green Season or rainy season, lots of people think OH i wont go in rainy season but its a bit misleading as if you vacation in the mainland of Belize yes it will rain a lot during that timeframe however on the islands we get quick showers that open up and then quickly moves onto the mainland where it unloads.

During the months of July through Nov it is Hurricane Season although Belize is tucked away a little and most of them pass by but it should factor in your plans if you decide to travel later in the year. Travel Insurance is a must just in case.

Personally my favorite months for a great Belize vacation are May July Aug the tohers are ok too but those are my favorite months.

Have a great trip

Regards

Gaz Cooper