Phnom Penh to Saigon: Plane or bus?

Discussion in 'Cambodia' started by rajbadak, Jun 23, 2014.

1. rajbadak

rajbadak New Member

If you wonder how to get from Phnom Penh to Saigon, there are two ways to do this route either by plane or bus. The flight costs around $170 and takes around 1 hour via Vietnam Airlines, though the entire process (i.e. luggage, customs, etc) will take something like 3 hours. The bus (i.e. Mekong Express, Sapaco Tourist, Malinh Express, etc) costs around $10 and takes 6 hours. Which one you choose depends on your budget really...

2. vimpto

vimpto New Member

Not many people use the word Saigon anymore..I think it's called now Ho Chi Minh )if I have the right spelling). Nevertheless, the bus ride for this route is fairly cheap: $13 with all bus companies and most buses are air-conditioned. A Kumho Samco buses are nice and have bucket seats with armrests and toilets. The other company I recommend is the Sapaco Tourist Bus Line.

3. Ontour99

Ontour99 New Member

I would suggest that you don’t get a seat near the back of any of these buses, as the suspension isn’t always great. You'll be given forms to complete for the visa, and then you will hand over $25 for the visa fee with your passport Once you arrive at Vietnam Immigration control, you will have to carry your bags through immigration so that they can scan them.

4. brayden lyle

brayden lyle New Member

The matter here is the price and the time. I think both of them are safe for you. From Phnom Penh to Saigon, you will take less time if taking a flight but will spend much money on ticket. In contrast, travelling by bus will waste more time but is quite cheap.

5. chrisphh

chrisphh New Member

6. Zay

Zay New Member

Flights from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh city ( Saigon) are always expensive specially if you flight with Angkor Air, however, there are frequent bus services for more saving and of course more wasting the time as also others mention. For better and slightly faster way you may choose to go with Van. If you need more help you can inbox me or check Vietnam Tour Pedia for more details

cheers

7. Liza F

Liza F New Member

If money is not a problem, then taking the plane is the best way and save time. However, if you want to save money, take the bus.

8. Zay

Zay New Member

Flight for the faster option and bus for the tiring and back-packer option