Pittock Mansion

Discussion in 'Oregon' started by Vicolette, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Built in 1914, the mansion features a look at the elegant way of life of the Pittock family who lived in the home in the early 1900s. The tour gives visitors an up-close look at the innovative architecture, family artifacts, artwork, and exquisite furnishings and accessories of times past. The home is set within the Pittock Acres Park and surrounded by acres of lush forest, gardens and trails. Pittock Mansion is open daily from February through December.

2. racezJona

racezJona New Member

I've never been inside it but the view from there has to be the best spot you can get of the city. You can pretty much see the entire city of Portland from the Pittock grounds. The grounds were also quite stunning and offered a fantastic opportunity for walks and picnics.

3. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Touring these great estates and grounds is an eye-opener for a glimpse of times past when opulence and elegance was the way of life. The last "great" estate I toured was the magnificent Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC. Seeing these homes is something you don't forget. Thanks for sharing about Pittock. I can only imagine the view of the city must be spectacular from the estate grounds.