places to see in Manila

Discussion in 'Philippines' started by sassy1, Aug 9, 2008.

1. sassy1

sassy1 New Member

hello travelers, my husband is going to Manila for a conference in Nov 2008 and myself and my daughter are also going with him, we made it as a family vacation:) we haven't been to Philippines before and would like to know what fun things are there to do for my 8 years old daughter, interesting places to see and what to eat? Anyony vacationing in Manila, if so plase help, we will be there are 6 days. thanks.

2. Andrew

Andrew Moderator

oh! really Manila is a nice place to visit.One of my friends was studying with in Sydney university and he was from Philippines. May be 6 years back I have visited Manila and the place was quite interesting. I think the Rizal park will impress your daughter, it has roller skating rink and you can spend few hours there. The Enchanted kingdom which is one of the most popular amusement parks and features an eleven story roller coaster. Also the nearby sights are Intramuros fort, Splash Island and Manila beach and if you get time visit Boracay Island which is a nice place to spend with a family, have fun:)

3. magnusiax

magnusiax New Member

Hello Sassy1,
    You can go to Mall of Asia and Ocean Park. Do you like exotic foods??? You can find lots of Chinese food restaurant in Manila...

4. sassy1

sassy1 New Member

hi Andrew, how do we get from manila to Boracay island? are there frequent flights available? can you suggest a trip plan, so that we will try:)

5. Andrew

Andrew Moderator

Boracay Island is 345 kms away from Manila and it takes 2 1/2 to 3 hrs travel. Book your flight ticket from Manila to Kalibo and when you reach Kalibo, take a bus to Caticla. From Manila to Kalibo, the flying time takes 30mins and the bus trip to Caticla takes around 90mins. Then take a boat from Caticla to Boracay and it takes you within 1/2 an hour. hope this helps!

6. sassy1

sassy1 New Member

quite interesting, we have planned our trip to Boracay Island as well, we extend our trip for 2 more days. thanks for all your help guys:)

7. jennadsen

jennadsen New Member

Hi Guys,
    we'll be going to Manila in late june or early july, and may want to take a side trip to Boracay. I am just worried about the weather. Is it still worth going? What do you think?

8. Danny

Danny Moderator

Late june and july is rainy season, and although the sun might be out at times there is a good chance you could be trapped in your room for a week due to heavy rain.

Having said this, the weather in the philippines is unpredictable throughout the year so, the rain may not be as bad. Either way, I personally think the best time to go to Boracay Island is during our spring.

9. strongbolg

strongbolg New Member

places to visit around Manila

Great suggestions on nice places to see in Manila, though there are cool places to see around Manila like
    Pagsanjan Falls and Chocolate Hills.

The Pagsanjan Falls is about 50 miles southeast of Manila but it's really worth visiting as not only you will be able to swimming and see the beautiful Pagsanjan Falls,but also book fun canoe rides down the Pagsanjan River.

Chocolate Hills is located on the island of Bohol, and are amazing hills which go on as far as the eye can see. The best part though of a trip to Chocolate Hills is that you'll be able to arrange cool motorbike sightseeing tours.

10. dimitri67

dimitri67 New Member

top 10 attractions in Manila

I've been to Manila 5 times already and below is my top 10 attractions to visit in Manila:

1. Fort Santiago
    2. Manila Cathedral
    3. Intramuros
    4. Quiapo Church
    5. Corregidor Island
    6. Manila American Cemetery and Memorial
    7. Avilon Zoo
    8. Greenbelt Park
    9. Chinese Cemetery
    10. Museo Pambata

11. credittraveller

credittraveller New Member

SM mall of Asia
    Intramuros
    Resorts World
    Boracay
    Puerto Galera
    Palawan

12. travelabroad

travelabroad New Member

I know this reply is very late. But for future references the best places you can visit here in Manila are:

1. Rizal Park
    2. Intramuros
    3. Fort Bonifacio
    4. Manila Cathedral
    5. Manila Ocean Park

As for shopping, you can go to Ayala, Makati as there are malls that are sitting beside each other. These are:

1. SM Makati
    2. The Landmark
    3. Glorieta
    4. Greenbelt

You can also go to SM Mall of Asia at Pasay City.

As for tourist spots like sightseeing and more on exploration, you can go to:

1. Vigan
    2. Baguio
    3. Cebu
    4. Bohol

And wonderful beaches like:

1. The Pearl Farm Davao
    2. Amanpulo Palawan
    3. Caramoan Islands Cam Sur
    4. Boracay
    5. Misimis Bay Bicol

I hope this info helps! :)

13. curlysue

curlysue New Member

For shopping, you can go to Mall of Asia. If you can also go to Divisoria if you want to see cheap items...name it...they have it!

14. Destinee Hobbs

Destinee Hobbs New Member

When in Manila you should visit Intramuros, Corregidor Island (boat rides available at Manila Bay) and Luneta Park.