places to view the Himalayas

Discussion in 'Nepal' started by Jpeter, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Jpeter

Jpeter New Member

Popular places to view the Himalaya in Nepal are Nagarkot and Dhulikhel (near Kathmandu), Bandipur and Pokhara. I personally prefer Pokhara as it's nearby Sarangkot, which is popular for sunset and sunrise views of the Annapurnas, Dhaulaghiri and Machhapuchare mountain ranges. You can also get good views of the Himalayas Manaslu range from the town of Gorkha.

2. rosstrainin'

rosstrainin' New Member

The best views I've seen of the Himalayas were in Pelling in Sikkim (north east India). You can also clearly see the Himalaya's ranges if you're based in places like Uttarakhand, Kashmir or Himachal Pradesh. I hear Leh, Manali and Maclotganj are good spots.

3. vivianbanks

vivianbanks New Member

You can get great views from Pokhara and it's the place I would recommend because there are also lot´s of local travel agencies there too that can help you organize a tour up the mountains. By the way, there are no mountains to be seen from Kathmandu.

4. varunindia88

varunindia88 New Member

Himalaya is the great attraction among tourist. The major attractions are Tibet, Nepal, Leh-Ladakh, Uttrakhand, Himachal Pradesh etc. I visited Himachal Pradesh 3 months ago. Mountain hills were claded by snow and the view of early morning was amazing.