places to Visit in Nigeria

Discussion in 'Nigeria' started by Cooolio, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Cooolio

Cooolio New Member

Hello, I will be visiting home (Nigeria) soon after my marriage. I will want to take my wife to fun places in Nigeria, can you advise on the star attractions in Nigeria? Can anyone one share his/her experiences??

2. Jenna

Jenna Moderator

I was in Nigeria visiting with friends and I absolutely loved it there! Nigeria is a lovely country with great people and interesting customs. There are way too many things to see in Nigeria and places to visit, though do stay on the tourist trail as much as you can.

Places we visited include:

-Yankari Game Reserve which is home to some of the best wildlife species as--- lions, giraffes, elephants, cheetahs, monkeys, gazelles, Egyptian cobras, marabou stork, crocodiles, African pythons, water buck, glossy ibis, foxes, baboons, etc.

-Kano City is one of the most important historical places in the country, and great place to visit with an organized tour. Lagos is one of the popular places of visit in Nigeria as it houses some of the best museums and beach resorts.

3. marksmith

marksmith New Member

it will be fun there.Yankari Game Reserve in which the best wildlife species as--- lions, giraffes, elephants, cheetahs, monkeys, gazelles, Egyptian cobras, marabou stork, crocodiles, African pythons, water buck, glossy ibis, foxes, baboons, etc.

4. africauntamed

africauntamed New Member

Badagry, Benin City, Obudu, Arochuku and Abuja are the best places in Nigeria. But my personal favorite is Benin City. Benin City is about 5 hours journey from Badagry. It is located in Edo state. If the road is bad or in bad weather conditions, be prepared to spend over 7 hours on the road. Your best option would be to get a flight from Lagos to Benin and it should take you no less that 35 minutes to arrive in Benin city. The city is very famous for it's unique bronze and ivory work of art. The royal palace of Benin and the Benin moat is a must see attraction. The kingdom of Benin started around 900 AD. The Benin moat spans a distance of 6213.7 miles and was dug around 800 AD up to the late fifteenth century.