Places to Visit in Switzerland

Discussion in 'Switzerland' started by brightsuntravel, Oct 19, 2012.

1. brightsuntravel

brightsuntravel New Member

Hello Everyone
    There are some places to visit in Switchzerland. These are the folloeings:
    1. Schilthorn and Piz Gloria
    2. Jungfraujoch.
    3. Wengen- Murren
    4. Interlaken
    5. Swiss National Park.
    6. The Tropical Alps.
    7. Aletsch glacier
    8. Lake Geneva region.
    9. Appenzellerland.
    10. Zurich.
    Thanks.

2. waxtaylor

waxtaylor New Member

cant believe you left out Canton Valais! this region is Switzerland’s prettiest regions and has no cities, just wide open spaces, mountains, mountain villages and ski resorts. I believe this region also has the longest glacier in Europe - the Aletsch Glacier - which is 12 miles long!

3. walkmanX

walkmanX New Member

Switzerland is a small country but you will easily need a few weeks to really soak in all the main attractions there. My advice is to base yourself in a mountain town like the town of Montreux. This place is located in the heart of the Swiss Riviera on the shores of Lake Geneva and it's home to the Chillon Castle which was built in 11th century. You can see dungeons and rooms full of cool weaponry, frescoes, and furniture...all very worth it!

4. southernComforto

southernComforto New Member

visit Mt. Pilatus and the Rhine Falls

I'd add to the list Mt. Pilatus and the Rhine Falls. Mt. Pilatus is over 7,000ft tall and offers amazing views from the top of the Swiss Alps. You can take a cable car to reach the top and walk around the walking trails, or just seat on the benches.

The Rhine Falls is Europe's largest waterfalls so you can't miss it, especially since the falls are located near Schoss Laufen medieval castle.

5. jackbenny

jackbenny New Member

hey.... I'm going to switzerland in june :p i think
    zermatt -matterhorn
    geneva
    interlaken
    zurich
    the rhine falls
    bern
    basel
    lucerne

are all good places to visit in switzerland....and near switzerland i think venice and paris and good ideas but u might also wanna visit florence in italy.

6. Nixon32

Nixon32 New Member

Yap.
    Everybody is right because more or less these are the places for touring in Switzerlan.