plan to visit India on vacation?

Discussion in 'India' started by Polacowe, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Polacowe

Polacowe New Member

if you plan to visit India on vacation I suggest you plan for at least 4-5 weeks...India is vast so you will need good time to even experience the tip of it. While I was there, I picked up a few tips I want to share with others like carrying a steripen so that you can purify your own water, keeping your driver’s license handy as you will be asked for ID on trains.

2. Delorios

Delorios New Member

I remember my first experience of visiting india..I would never forget. Nothing really prepares for the culture shock you get to one of india's largest cities. New Delhi felt like a different world to me and took me a while to adjust. I think a whole two weeks. Definiltley, allow more than 5 weeks if you can. I ended up not wanting to leave india after 6 weeks there.

3. Hjkop

Hjkop New Member

Don't forget the culture shock we get there is the same they get when they arrive in the US but none notices that. Anyways, when I visited India in early 2001, I landed in Mumbai and the biggest culture shock I got was the poverty, the heat, and more poverty..the gap between the rich and poor there is so blatant is impossible not to notice.

4. whrhotel

whrhotel New Member

Ya, India is very beautiful, so there is at-least 4-5 weeks are required to visit India. And it also very important to plan your trip according to its weather. And take care about your cloths also according to their weather.

5. ahana2607

ahana2607 New Member

Plan for a long vacation in India because in India there are many places to visit. India is a beautiful place. South India and North India both are the best place to visit in India like Ladakh, Sikkim, Coorg, Manali, Kashmir, Bhutan, Rishikesh, Ooty, Shimla, Darjeeling, Kodaikanal, Munnar, Wayanad, Mount Abu, Dharamsala, Mussoorie, Ranikhet, Kullu, Srinagar, Pithoragarh, Spiti Valley.

6. Liza F

Liza F New Member

Visiting India means a long vacation. It is a big country, so a few days or weeks means missing some attractions that are worth visiting.

7. Morachi chincholi

Morachi chincholi New Member

India is very beautiful place, there are many places to visit. If you are planning to visit India, you have to plan long vacation.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  8. stepinnhotels

stepinnhotels New Member

9. Visit Goa to Mumbai and also take the excursion tour of Mahabaleshwar. This is really a perfect place to vacations with family and kids.