plan to visit Munich

Discussion in 'Germany' started by richardMarx, Jan 26, 2015.

Tags:
  1. richardMarx

richardMarx New Member

Munich is a major shopping center and has great opera and a lively concert scene. There are 2 castles (not counting Neuschwanstein) worth seeing and excellent botanical gardens (i.e. Englischer Garten and Nymphenburg Palace). Other things to see in Munich I would suggest are Residenz, BMU Museum, Alte and Neu Pinakothek, Hofbrauhaus, The Deutsches Museum and Olympia Tower.

StephanieGodfrey likes this.
  2. Thetravelflex

Thetravelflex New Member

If you get a chance, climb up the tower of St.Peter's (Munich's oldest church)...the views of the city from there are amazing! Oh by the way, if you go to the English garden be aware of nudists..it's legal for folks to get naked at the English Garden.

StephanieGodfrey likes this.
  3. nomas4

nomas4 New Member

Munich doesn't have as many tourist attractions as other German cities like Berlin and Hamburg, so a couple days would be enough to see it all. I would also allocate a day for a trip to Schloss Neuschwanstein castle in the Bavarian Alps.

4. StephanieGodfrey

StephanieGodfrey New Member

yep :)

5. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Munich is a business city, so if you're there for work, there's lots to do. Actually, there are things for tourists to do...just like the BMW Museum, shopping at the Marienplatz, Olympia Park, and several historic houses to tour. As Nomas said, a trip to Neuschwanstein is a cool option.

[​IMG]
    BMW Museum. Photo: Maximilian Dörrbecker (Chumwa)

6. simkelyte

simkelyte New Member

wow BMW museum, i think i will visit it!

7. joyne

joyne New Member

I'm going to Munich in October too! The BMW museum is on my list for sure!!

8. JenniferB

JenniferB New Member

I second a visit to Neuschwanstein. I'd recommend you order the tickets in advance online. During peak season it can get quite busy and you might have to wait several hours before your allocated tour starts.