Plitvice Lakes National Park

Discussion in 'Croatia' started by wanderer, Nov 21, 2011.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Plitvice Lakes National Park is a vast land of dramatic natural wonders. Over vast reaches of time, water and natural forces have carved out lakes, caves and waterfalls. Wildlife watchers will enjoy the opportunity to see brown bears, eagles, wolves and birds in their natural habitats. The largest national park in the country is on the southern border of Croatia close to Bosnia-Hergovenia.

2. itsatupir

itsatupir New Member

Plitvice Lakes National Park: 8th wonder of the World

the lakes in Plitvice are just spectacular and magical. You can't leave Croatia without seeing the natural wonders of Plitvice. One tip I would give anyone looking to visit this national park is not only take the boardwalk route but also the walk up to one of the viewpoints...trust me, you will not regret it!

3. dallsoup

dallsoup New Member

going to Plitvice Lakes National Park

I went to Plitvice Lakes in July this year, right before prolonging my holiday to the Croatian coast (which is also a beauty). The Plitvice lakes give the best mixture of fresh air, untouched nature, healthy walks through cute little wooden bridges and pathways surrounded with unbelievable views.