popular ways to tour Sonoma wineries

Discussion in 'California' started by noHope8, Dec 2, 2010.

1. noHope8

noHope8 New Member

hello, we're planning a bit of sightseeing in the California wine country and we'd like to explore Sonoma Valley and enjoy wine tours and tasting. how do people go about exploring the wineries in Sonoma Valley?

2. Danny

Danny Moderator

You can tour Sonoma Valley wineries by limo, bus, carriage, segway or hot air balloon.

I think the hot air balloon tour is one of the most popular ways to tour the Wine Country and also the most expensive. Also, just like most hot air balloon tours, they start early in the morning, normally between 5:30 am to 7:00 am, though the panoramic views, you will get from above are definitely worth the price tag and the early morning start.

If you're on a budget, the segway tour is another great option as you will ride past many of the local sights and a number of Sonoma's well-known wineries where you can enjoy some wine tasting.

3. sandas3211

sandas3211 New Member

If you're on a budget, the segway tour is another great option as you will ride past many of the local sights and a number of Sonoma's well-known wineries where you can enjoy some wine tasting.

4. GiftWrapper33

GiftWrapper33 New Member

best way to explore Sonoma vineyards

if you plan on tasting wines, better forget about using a segway or bike. I love touring the sonoma and napa valley on a segway to explore the scenery but not when i visit the wineries. It's pretty much suicide mixing alcohol and a segway. An organized tour that includes transportation and tour guide is the best way to go about it so you wont have to worry about not being a bale to drink as much wine. Other than that, the hot air balloon is an awesome way to explore sonoma and the vineyards.

5. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

You also have tour companies that give tours by mini bus or shuttle. It's a great way to explore if everyone wants to sample the wine. The tour planners also take care of the little things, so you don't have to worry about directions, gas, and getting lost.

6. losangeleslimo

losangeleslimo New Member

Well its a good idea to roam around California. I would suggest to go for hiring a car to roam around Sonoma Valley and enjoy your wine tour.