Puerto Cabezas trip

Discussion in 'Nicaragua' started by caribbean1, Aug 21, 2008.

1. caribbean1

caribbean1 New Member

Hi, how far is Puerto Cabezas from Managua, I will be in Managua on 27th September and planning to visit Puerto Cabezas by flight.so can anyone suggest a cheap flight from Managua to Puerto Cabezas? I'm going to spend only 2 days at Puerto Cabezas, is it possible to see all the highlights within 2 days? anyone has any idea?

2. Andrew

Andrew Moderator

The easiest way to get to Puerto Cabezas from Managua is by air. There are 3 airlines namely La Costena, Atlantic and Aero Segovia run between Managua and Puerto Cabezas and it will take 1 to 1 1/2 hours depending on the type of the flight. If you are looking for cheap deals then visit Nicaragua flights page to get more info. I have spent nearly a week in Nicaragua and I stayed in Puerto Cabezas just one night. Just I visited few places including the town of Wawa. If you like to visit then just catch a boat from Lamlaya, it's a pretty town located on the ocean at the mouth of a large river. The beach in Puerto Cabezas is nice, so you can spend few hours there. hope this helps!