Punxsutawney Groundhogs Day

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania' started by wanderer, Jan 7, 2014.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Nowhere is Feb. 2 as big a deal as in Punxsutawney, Pa. The town goes all out to celebrate its favorite holiday, Groundhog's Day. Before dawn, crowds gather to see what the prognosticating groundhog, Punxsutawney Phil, will say. Will it be an early spring in Punxsutawney or will it be six more weeks of winter? After this cold snap, I am confident that an early spring will be just perfect!

2. Df.Tommi

Df.Tommi New Member

yep, Groundhogs day is the most important day of the year (and what do you know, it's my birthday-how coincidental! Groundhogs Day should be on everyone's annual bucket list. Lots of entertaining activities, bonfires, live entertainment, fireworks, etc.

3. Retorica!

Retorica! New Member

I did Groundhogs Day a couple of years back and while it was fun, I wouldnt do it again in freezing temperatures. I remember being so cold! Im glad though I did...so I can say I did it. By the way, the event is nothing like the movie...

4. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Let's hope the news for upcoming weather is good! The cold snap has created rollercoaster temps and conditions. Here in Florida, it's 50 degrees one day and now we're looking at 80+ on Sunday. Let's keep an eye on the PA weather and our fingers crossed on Feb 2.