rail line from Heathrow to London close

Discussion in 'UK' started by Klairport, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Klairport

Klairport New Member

Anyone traveling to Heathrow should know that the Heathrow Connect service from Paddington has been suspended all day because of a fire that happened 2 days ago. For what I understand, the fire started at the signal junction box between Slough and Southall, so the Heathrow Express have been suspended indefinitely. Luckily, the First Great Western services between West Drayton and Paddington are running but with delays.

2. honestjonh1

honestjonh1 New Member

Heathrow fire update

Can you believe this fire has to happen on the busiest day of the year..it's as if done by purpose if you aske me. Anyways, the Heathrow Express and Connect services are still suspended, but it's not the end of the word if you need to get to Heathrow airport from London. You can easily get a taxi, though of course it will cost you around £60 (if not more, now taxi drivers know about the Heathrow Express cancellations).

3. maritimekl

maritimekl New Member

Heathrow Express back to normal

Not only that, taxis are extortionate! Heathrow Express is the fastest way to connect with London from Heathrow so I can see how this inconvenienced a lot of people on Christmas. There's not much news about the fire or any updates. I think they sorted out the issue since Heathrow Express is running a half hourly service today and tomorrow.