really want to go singapore to work?

Discussion in 'Singapore' started by PLPF, Oct 20, 2010.

1. PLPF

PLPF New Member

not sure how to go on about work visas or dont you have to do that, i really would like to have wok experience from different places and singapore is really where i want to go do do some design work
    can anyone help :D
    thank you

2. Jenna

Jenna Moderator

If you intend to live and work in Singapre you must apply for a work permit which must be applied for by the employer at the Singapore Ministry Of Manpower.

Alternatively, there is a working holiday programme available to people from Australia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States.

Where are you from by the way?

3. peter

peter New Member

Singapore is a good place to start your career. These days numerous professional come to Singapore because it offers a better platform to start aything new. There is no dearth of oppurtunity for qualified people. The visa procedure is also well detailed out. There is plenty of online help for people wanting to know information on Singapore visa.

4. jeremiahs

jeremiahs New Member

It is not as easy as it seems for foreigners to get jobs in Singapore and you will need to put in a lot of effort to get a job. Singapore does have a lot of foreigners working there for specific skills so there's already a lot of competition from expats and local living in Singapore. Unless your skills are in high demand or you've been given a job, don't bother heading to Singapore to look for one.

5. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Can you look for a job before you arrive? I bet you'll have a much easier time getting your visa if you already have a place to go. You can always check with the Singapore consulate in your country or the tourist bureau. They would have advice for you.