Red Cross New York City

Discussion in 'New York' started by mitraveler, Nov 6, 2012.

1. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

With so so many people in need, it's reassuring knowing there are people out there helping. The Red Cross is one of those organizations out there, handing out blankets, meals, and keeping people warm. If you want to help with Hurricane Sandy relief: Text "REDCROSS" to 90999 and make a $10 donation, or visit RedCross.org.

Do you know of any others? Please share here.

2. FlunkOP

FlunkOP New Member

Please donate blankets, food..not money

Surely you would expect Red Cross to help out Americans in need. However, not all great is what I heard because they seem unprepared and slow-responding to attend the homeless and those affected the most by Sandy like Staten Island, Brooklyn and Queens. I don't think money donations is what the American public need to give. Please donate blankets, food, etc...it is what they need right now the people of New York.

3. salitaVS

salitaVS New Member

Red Cross finds it difficult to get their footing when it comes to major disasters....it happened after 9/11, after Hurricane Katrina, Haiti and now, Hurricane Sandy. I agree with FlunkOP that money donations are not needed right now since Red Cross have huge stock piles of food and other necessities.

4. moviemagic

moviemagic New Member

do you donate to charities?

I personally don't donate to charities, particularly the likes of Red Cross as they seem more a business-for-profit organization than a "real" charity. It's also worth noting that Red Cross CEO gets a salary of nearly a million dollars a year, while Red Cross only gives 20% of the public's donations to those who actually need it. Don;t know about you, but for being a non-profit organization Red Cross staff get superb salaries. In this economy, some people should prob consider joining them. Btw, do you donate?