Relaxing at Idaho Rocky Mountain Ranch

Discussion in 'Idaho' started by Vicolette, May 11, 2012.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

The Idaho Rocky Mountain Ranch has everything you could want for a relaxing and exciting vacation. Nestled with views of the beautiful Sawtooth Mountains in Idaho., families have a variety of activities including horseback riding, hiking, mountain riding, whitewater rafting, fishing, rock climbing, or unwinding in the natural hot springs. Accommodations include cabins and lodge rooms for a total of 20 rooms. Early reservations for summer running June through September are highly recommended.

2. Enyoying

Enyoying New Member

dude ranch tips

never stayed at this place but one thing for sure is that Idaho is def one place you will love going to shrug off the hustle and bustle of city life. My tip is to stay in a traditional rustic lodge that offers the opportunity to do cookouts under the stars, ride with horse, enjoy hay rides, etc. Some ranches still keep it simple but others aim to be more of a "ranch resort", with pools, hot-tub, a spa etc, which really defies the point of a real cattle ranch.

3. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

I agree. The views in Idaho are spectacular and staying in a quiet, rustic location to enjoy the outdoors and the scenic mountains is definitely the way to go.

4. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

I love the scenery in Idaho...it's different as the seasons change, and it's different between the north and the south. Once winter comes, the same scenery that is so fun to explore int he summer transforms into an excellent place for skiing.