renting a car in Albania

Discussion in 'Albania' started by vuional, Apr 18, 2011.

1. vuional

vuional New Member

We will be going for a few days to Albania and I would really want to catch as much as possible as i doubt that we will be back any time soon...

Therefore I am thinking of renting a car for 3-4 days, as public can be quite limited.. but am i crazy for wanting to rent a car in albania?

2. Jenna

Jenna Moderator

No, you're not crazy. Albania is cool to drive around so just do it! Do drive carefully and you should be OK, though remember that in cities it's hectic because they aren't many signs and way too many cars all over the place.

Outside of cities and the main Tirana-Durres highway it's pretty quiet and pleasant driving. For cool drives, do the new Tirana-Prizren highway, the Tirana-Elbasan mountain road, the riviera road from Vlora to Saranda, or the amazing Korca-Gjirokastra passroad.

Have fun!

3. Tomas82

Tomas82 New Member

Albania is the most beautiful country of the Mediterranean!
    It is the only country with sea beaches, fields, and mountains in such a small proximity.

Driving in Albania is one of the best things to do there as you get to see soo much in very little travel times.
    Albania borders Montenegro, Kosova and Macedonia (2-3 hours from capital Tirana) and Greece (4-5 hours).

A well planned itinerary can cover all of Albania's major cities and attractions in 3-4 days!