renting an apartment in Paris

Discussion in 'France' started by guesswhat?, Nov 23, 2010.

1. guesswhat?

guesswhat? New Member

has anyone ever rented an apartment in Paris on a vacation? where would you recommend renting? any Paris districts in particular I should be weary of?

2. Danny

Danny Moderator

I haven't rented an apartment in Paris, but from experience I can say that renting can work out cheaper on the long run. You get a little more freedom and eat whatever you want, though you'd want to ask yourselves how you'd feel about cooking on vacation.

If you prefer the amenities a hotel offers, like room service and housekeeping, then spend the money on a good hotel, but ultimately it's a matter of deciding what makes you happy.

Another thing about renting is that you need to know specifically how the key is going to be picked up on the day you arrive, since the last thing you want is having to chase the key all over Paris with luggage. Will the rental company send you the key before? or will you be meeting the person at the flat?

3. julietita

julietita New Member

Hi!!!
    I have lived few months in Paris and I can tell you about the districts. You should look (if you are still on the research of the apartment) for one on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 15th, 16th and on the limits of the 17th, maybe Sacre Coeur surrounded area. As long as you can avoid the other disctricts, the better!!!!

Metro can take you everywhere... and there's the Noctilian service for the night!

About renting, a lot of people rent their places for holidays, when i was looking for mine, all i found was this short term deal. So you can easily find one!!!

=)