Rhone-Alpes culinary vacations

Discussion in 'France' started by wanderer, Oct 26, 2011.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

I would love to head to France and learn how to cook. It worked for Julia Child. :) I was reading about the Rhone-Alpes region, and it's a great place to go for culinary adventures. It's home to 68 Michelin-Star chefs and cooking classes are popping up in Lyon and all around the region. Because this is France, there's also great wine, especially along the Beaujolais Wine Route.

2. dollyp@rton

dollyp@rton New Member

cooking vacation in France

I've taken a cooking vacation to France with my wife and we really had a blast. We went with Art and Cooking Classes in France for a week-long cooking vacation in Luberon staying in a luxury b&b and enjoying 20 hours of hands-on cooking workshops. Le Cordon Bleu also offers some introductory classes from time to time so you may check them out too.

3. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

That sounds like a wonderful vacation! Le Cordon Bleu also has a school in Ottawa, for those of you who don't want to go all the way to France.

4. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

All of its locations offer a number of short-term courses, where you can discover wine and food--along with cooking techniques--without signing up for a long-term commitment. One of the classes, at the Paris school, honors its most famous student, Julia Child.

5. victorsaver

victorsaver New Member

All locations offer a range of short courses, where you can explore the wine and food - with cooking techniques - without signing a long-term commitment. One of the classes, the school of Paris, honoring the most famous student, Julia Child.

6. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

That would be so cool to take a Julia Child cooking class. She really knew her stuff!