Rio's Carnival 2013 dates

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Incapo, Jan 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Incapo

Incapo New Member

who's making or have made plans for ‘the greatest show on earth’ and samba? Rio's carnival season is fast approaching and this year it will be held on February 8-12. Dont know if you folk know but there are several operators (like Journey Latin America, Tucan Travel and Dragoman) offering dedicated carnival packages to watch or even take part in the parade, which I will this year;)

2. dawsoncreek

dawsoncreek New Member

I'm heading for the carnival in Rio and I'll be arriving on the 3rd or 4th, but I am still considering whether to stay for 2 or 3 weeks in Brazil. I was told that during Carnival it will be hard to find accomodation in Salvador and Rio so it's worth noting that if you're planning right now.

3. deldeN

deldeN New Member

Rio Carnival questions

hello, my husband and I will be descending on Rio to enjoy four days of partying. I was wondering if you guys could give me some ideas to help us understand the Rio Carnival. We're newbies and don't know much about it..I mean, when the parades are held? and what is the Sambadrome? I keep hearing a lot about it. thanks a lot;)

4. Incapo

Incapo New Member

Rio's Carnival parades & routes

One thing I can tell you about Rio's Carnival is that you can expect lost of partying and spectacular parades by the city’s samba schools, street parties, etc. Sambadrome is basically a permanent parade route (located along Avenida Marques de Sapucaí, between Avenida Presidente Vargas and Rua Frei Caneca) lined with concrete spectator stands that can seat thousands of people. Btw, most of the parades this year will take place on the Sunday, Feb. 12 and Monday, Feb. 13.

5. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Getting ready for the carnival season is exciting with numerous celebrations on the agenda throughout the US and abroad. On my short list of things to see and do is the celebration in Rio and the carnival in Venice. This year's event takes place from January 26 thru February 12 for those who might be visiting the Italy.

6. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

That's so exciting to be a part of a Rio parade. That's a great perk for a tour package. I love have travel professionals can get you places you can't find your own.