River Cruises

Discussion in 'Czech Republic' started by mitraveler, Aug 28, 2012.

1. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

I like to dream about some exotic vacations, and this usually involves floating down some exotic drive through the middle of an old city. Prague is one of the those cities, and it plays hosts to river cruises. Has anyone had the chance to experience one of these Czech Republic River Cruises?

2. racezJona

racezJona New Member

sightseeing cruise in Prague

I have done several cruises during my travels to Czech and also recommend doing a sightseeing cruise over a dinner cruise. Sightseeing is great on a good sunny day, while at night everything is nicely lit up but you can't really see much. On a sunny day, the landmarks look lovely and you get spectacular views of them like the Charles Bridge.

3. likethat2

likethat2 New Member

worth seeing in Prague

river cruises are fairly expensive and aren't that great imo...like the last poster said, it's best to stick to a sightseeing tour or booking a private boat tour on the voltava river. if you're in Prague dont miss the TV tower, the Castle, the Diplomatic Zone, the funny-fountain (near the Kafka Museum), the Lennon graffiti Wall and the Jewish Quarter.

4. The Travel Slut

The Travel Slut 6 continents, 87 countries & 64 cruises so far

I have been fortunate to experience several river cruises, the most recent was a Danube River cruise on AMA Waterways from Budapest to Bucharest and I would say it ranks among the top 5 of my 50+ cruises of all time.

The convenience, the informal atmosphere, the great sites along the way, awesome food and drinks, and so much open space made it very special.

I intend to do another one in eastern Europe as I feel it is a great way to explore new areas with all the one-price creature comforts.

5. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

Thanks for all the wisdom you've shared! I'm all about "one-price creature comforts" and sightseeing cruises are a good way to go too. :)