Rock ’n’ Roll Marathon

Discussion in 'Other Las Vegas Topics' started by mitraveler, Nov 6, 2012.

1. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

Runners and music fans--mark your calendars for December 2.In the evening, the city closes Las Vegas Boulevard for the Rock ’n’ Roll Marathon.

Registration is available through November 25, and it costs $185 to to enter. If you're running the half marathon, it will save you 10 dollar. The race leaders are matching a 20 percent donation to Hurricane relief.

What do you think? Are you going to go running? In true Las Vegas, the race will have plenty of fun elements. Bands will be playing every mile or so!

2. danmark0

danmark0 New Member

Having been to Vegas several times, I can say that doing the rock n roll marathon last year made me love Vegas all over again. Running the strip at night made me see the strip's attractions like the bellagio fountains on a whole different light. If you do plan to do the marathon, my advice is to make reservations at a restaurant and hotel before hand. After the marathon, every single restaurant that was open had huge lines of people.

3. leo360

leo360 New Member

Strip At Night Marathon

I didn't know that the the marathon in Las Vegas is one of the oldest in the US (i was told it's being running since the late 60's). I haven't been to the Rock ‘n’ Roll Las Vegas Marathon since 2009 when they organizers changed the marathon's course to make it run through the Strip. It was so cool to race on all lanes of Las Vegas Boulevard without the cars, seeing the huge pyramid-shaped Luxor, the Venetian and the Bellagio fountains.

oh by the way, i checked the official website (stripatnight (dot)com) and it seems the marathon is on the 12.2.2012

4. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

It must be something to clear the Strip of cars....I bet it's really cool to run by the iconic sites of the Strip like the Bellagio fountains and the Luxor!

Do you know how many people run this race?