Rodin Museum expands

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania' started by mitraveler, Nov 28, 2011.

1. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

The end is near for a major renovation for Philadelphia's Rodin Museum. Last summer, visitors were able to see the updated outdoor gardens and sculpture park. Many of the sculptures were returned outside, freeing up space in the interior. The new indoor space will debut next spring along with new visitor amenities and a marble replica of much loved painting, The Kiss.

2. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

The gardens are open to tour right now, but the interior remains closed through spring 2012.

3. bestpuncher

bestpuncher New Member

I love the Rodin museum. My absolute favorite piece of his is Cathedral, which is a set of two hands praying, and the Burghers of Calais. I walked away a total fan as this artists have some beautiful and intriguing work.
    The only thing is the current renovation of the outdoors which is ugly...but I'm sure it will be beautiful when it's done:)

4. weeehe

weeehe New Member

go visit Rodin Museum

I've been to the Rodin museum in Paris and I must say I was impressed with the Rodin museum in Philly since it had almost as a bigger collection of Rodins than the one in Paris. Like the last poster said the museum is currently undergoing a massive restoration which will bring the museum back to the original 1929 look that architects Paul Cret and Jacques Gréber had for the museum and grounds when commissioned to design it.