Romantic Places and Things to do in South Africa

Discussion in 'South Africa' started by Vicolette, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Recently I was asked what I thought the most romantic spots were in SA. With so many places to choose from, I narrowed it down to these from a long list of the ones I'd want to do:

Staying in a luxury lodge in Kruger National Park
    Touring the Garden route
    Visiting the Franschhoek wine region and sampling the goods
    Strolling South Beach in Durban
    Taking the cable car ride to the top of Table Mountain
    Horseback riding in the Drakensberg Mountains

What are your thoughts on the best things to do, places to go, and things to see in South Africa?

2. Bottlelittle

Bottlelittle New Member

go on a romantic cruise of cape town's coastline

those are great suggestions Vicolette! I would chime in going for a cruise to experience the magnificent scenic views of the beautiful Cape Coastline with Table Mountain, Lions Head and Signal Hill as a backdrop. another reason a cruise is such a great idea for couples is because you'll also get to go into Table Bay towards the east coast of Robben Island, while hugging the coastline of the Clifton 4th Beach for some amazing sunsets.

3. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Seeing the coastline from a different vantage point from aboard a ship is a fabulous idea! Visiting Robben Island would definitely be on my list of places to see. Visitors on land can take a ferry to the island from the Victoria & Albert Waterfront area.

4. superiorNoice

superiorNoice New Member

go south of Cape Town

how about Cape Point? This tip of peninsula is wild and beautiful and has so many places for people to enjoy romantic clifftop walks and a meal at the fine dining Two Oceans Restaurant which has stunning views of the ocean.