Romantic Verona Vacation

Discussion in 'Italy' started by Vicolette, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

For a memorable vacation, consider Verona as your destination location. This ancient city is full of history, architecture, and Roman structures still in use today as well as being the setting for Romeo and Juliet. The city oozes romance and is the perfect place to reconnect.

There are several quality accommodations to fit any budget such as the five-star Hotel Gabbia D'Oro, Hotel Accademia in the heart of the city, Hotel Verona located near the arena, and the economical Euromotel Croce Bianca.

While staying in Verona, experience a performance on the ancient Roman stage, take a train trip through the countryside, or visit one of the nearby vineyards.

2. Em-Em

Em-Em New Member

dont miss the theatre in Verona

I second that Vicolette! Verona's Roman Theatre dates back to the 1st century B.C., which makes it even older than the Arena in Rome. I would suggest everyone not to miss it because the views over the city and Adige River are really beautiful from up there...I probably spent more time looking outside than actually looking at the exhibition:)

3. Was£1.50

Was£1.50 New Member

Verona better than Venice

While in Venice, I took a day trip to Verona and boy did I enjoy it the place! I wished I booked my entire vacation in Verona rather than Venice. The Roman amphitheatre is so beautiful, the countryside is lovely and Lake Garda is just around the corner. If you're planning a trip to Venice, my suggestion is to consider Verona instead!