Saba for diving, hiking and climbing

Discussion in 'Caribbean Islands' started by Vicolette, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Lots of places to go in the Caribbean but if its diving and hiking your after, the island of Saba is a good start. The island is an inactive volcano, making it a haven for hiking and climbing as the terrain is anything but flat. Underwater is its own world of reefs, caves, submerged peaks and a plethora of fish.

2. abdc5

abdc5 New Member

Saba for vacation

i spent 2 weeks there with family and loved it there! the island is definitely small but it is not touristy at all. In fact, I was surprised by how few tourists I saw there..nothing like other Caribbean islands like Dominican Republic.

As far as things to do, the main activities on the island are indeed diving and hiking, though be sure you are in reasonably good physical condition because even walking around is kinda strenuous because of the steep hills.

3. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Thanks for the extra info. I like to hike and explore so knowing it can be physically challenging is a good heads up. For those who are interested in beach time, you can head over to St Maarten for a day in the sun.