Sabi Sands Game Reserve

Discussion in 'South Africa' started by DwayeBuck, Mar 8, 2011.

1. DwayeBuck

DwayeBuck New Member

anyone stayed at the Sabi Sands Game Reserve before and was the experience there good? is staying at a lodge the only option..and what kid of things can you do at Sabi Sands?

2. Danny

Danny Moderator

There are all inclusive lodges and eco campsites at Sabi Sands. I've never been to this particular reserve but from experience campsites do give you a better experience since you get to be closer to nature. Having said this, lodges can work out cheaper and can be better since with accommodation they normally include meals and drinks, safaris, guided walks, transfer services from the airstrip, and an on-site laundry service.

3. samantha83

samantha83 New Member

Hi everybody

I don't know much about the Sabi Sands Game Reserve, but I am interested in more information as a friend of mine just got engaged and we would like to take her to a game reserve for weekend away as girls.
    So any info about Sabi Sands Game Reserve would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

4. AhmedDoz

AhmedDoz New Member

hey Samantha, while staying in the Sabi Sands region we saw lions, cheetahs, leopards & hippos in abundance, as well as elephants, impalas, buffalos, monkeys, etc. I'd also suggest doing the night drives as they are especially thrilling and full of anticipation for a chance to see the nocturnal activities of nature.

5. samantha83

samantha83 New Member

Thanks so much Ahmed, it really sounds like so much fun.

6. samantha83

samantha83 New Member

Hi Ahmed, unfortunately the girls chose Mpumalanga a small town called Graskop in which we spend the weekend for our friend that got engaged. It was great fun and thank you again for sharing all the info about Sabi Sands.