safe to travel to Egypt?

Discussion in 'Egypt' started by travelbunch, Apr 12, 2011.

1. travelbunch

travelbunch New Member

Is it safe to visit Egypt's Red sea resorts still? I have heard that if I fly in via charter and don't land in Cairo I'll be fine? if this true? I have mixed reports about safety in Sharm el Sheikh and Hurghada too. Please help?

2. Ruby

Ruby Guest

As far as I know, there is no specific travel warning against any of Egypt's Red Sea resorts except Luxor, which tour companies have evacuated their clients from.

To give you an idea, the Office of Tourism is specifically advising against travel to Cairo, Alexandria, Luxor, and Suez.

Having said this, there are still flights available to Egyptian resorts, and there are actually good deals to be had at the moment as several UK tour companies are offering up to 50% off for packages to Sharm el Sheikh, Hurghada, Taba and Marsa Alam.

3. egyptguidelines

egyptguidelines New Member

now you can go everywhere even cairo the country get back as before to be safe

4. righttravel

righttravel New Member

Many questions jump in the head of a tourist before thinking of coming to Egypt. The most important question is "is it safe to visit Egypt now?" and The answer to this question is "Yes" .

The tourism business in Egypt has proved that it was able to be strong enough to pass through a number of challenges in the past few decades. The travel companies, with the help of the Egyptian people and the Egyptian government, were always able to get through all of these obstacles.

5. egyptexcursions

egyptexcursions New Member

Safety is an important factor if you wanna visit a unknown place. For now The Egypt is quite safe. I have read many recent reviews about Egypt and also the Egyptian government is quite stable. But if you wanna go there, you must follow their traditions like the women must be covered fully with cloths. etc..