safe travel in the Middle East

Discussion in 'Vacations' started by chickpeaz, Mar 31, 2011.

Tags:
  1. chickpeaz

chickpeaz New Member

hello people,

im sorry if this has been asked before, but im hoping you can give me your honest inout. Is it safe for a single woman to travel to the Middle East without a man companion or a husband and how would I be perceived?

Also, I heard that locals may be unfriendly to Americans. Is this true?

2. Danny

Danny Moderator

US citizens are very welcomed and well-received in many Middle East countries like Egypt, Jordan and Syria and even--believe it or not--Iran. They are the most favored and most loved Western nationality in those countries. People in those countries love to see Americans, extend their greetings, chat with and extend a helping hand when asked.

Regarding safety, yes, of course it is safe, and belive it or not many women travel here by themselves without no troubles.

Having said this, you will have to cover yourself and your head if you want to respect their culture and do not want to offend anyone.

3. holidayguy

holidayguy New Member

There is no reason to be unsafe to travel alone to ME just like any other place in the world. Americans are not perceived differently. These are only misunderstandings.

4. Bradski

Bradski New Member

As an Australian who has lived in the Middle East for several years, I would have to say that your dangers ar no more or less and in most parts of the world.

A tip though - wear a wedding ring even if you're not married, it could save you some hassle.

5. johnmartin348

johnmartin348 New Member

Most of the people have some misunderstanding about the middle east countries. Each country has it own rules and regulations and if we are in this country, we have to follow. We can not break laws.

Last year I was in Dubai and I had not faced any problem while traveling in Dubai. I have enjoyed many things in Dubai. I have done shopping in big shopping malls, also visited the worlds largest building the Burj Khalifa. It really the wonder.And the most favorite thing which i loved so much is yachting. Being on luxurious yacht is an amazing experience.I used yacht charter Dubai service for my yacht trip and I must say it would become my life time memories.