safety in Sarajevo

Discussion in 'Bosnia & Herzegovina' started by us4elec, May 16, 2011.

1. us4elec

us4elec New Member

I am considering moving to Sarajevo for a one year contract. Is it safe for me and my family? We are a young mobile couple but we are concerned about safety....btw, is Sarajevo in Bosnia?

2. Ruby

Ruby Guest

I haven't been in Sarajevo myself, but I watch the news often and haven't heard about any incidents recently.

As for the costs in Sarajevo, I couldn't say, but I'm absolutely positive that it will be cheap for you. I've been in Budapest for 10 days with 100 Euros, which was more than enough. I guess everything above 500 Euros will do for a luxurious life in Sarajevo for you and your family.

3. packngo3

packngo3 New Member

This response is obviously a little late in regards to the person who posed it, though I thought I might chime in for anyone else's sake. Sarajevo is in Bosnia. It is the capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina, not to mention the federation's largest city. As far as safety is concerned, the city has come a long way since the Bosnian War ended in the 90's. In fact, some travel experts rank it high among world cities to visit now, and it was nominated to be the European Capital of Culture in 2014. Judging by all this, it is just as likely as safe as anywhere else in Europe.