Safeway Waterfront Blues Festival - Portland

Discussion in 'Oregon' started by Vicolette, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Summer is gearing up for plenty of good music and one that I'd like definitely like to experience is the upcoming 26th Annual Safeway Waterfront Blues Festival July 4th - 7th in Portland. The lineup is awesome with Mavis Staples, Eric Burdon, Taj Mahal and Robert Plant to name just a few. The event will be at the Tom McCall Waterfront Park. This is going to be another great music fest!

2. lalmas23

lalmas23 New Member

I got my tickets booked...cannot wait to see Mavis Staples, Robert Plant and Robert Randolph Taj Mahal at Sensational Sunday. Btw, you'll need a pass to access Sensational Sunday. Either the Sensational Sunday Pass ($50) or the Blues Basic Pass ($60).

3. WaxxPoetic

WaxxPoetic New Member

if you are heading to the festival for the first time..i would suggest getting their app for navigating the festival easier. It's called the Waterfront Blues Festival mobile app, which is free and gives you the full schedule, a festival map, artist information and other cool stuff.

4. 34jopux

34jopux New Member

If you wanted to know, here it's the lineup:

* Joe Louis Walker, inducted in May into the Blues Hall of Fame;
    * Too Slim & the Taildraggers with their first Oregon appearance since relocating to Nashville;
    * Portland horn band Soul Vaccination with special guest Chester Thompson (former Santana and Tower of Power organist), presented by Soul Sister Productions;
    * Tad Robinson, "one of the finest living singers of soul blues";
    * Ray Bonneville, 2012 International Blues Challenge Solo/Duo winner;
    * Journey to Memphis Competition, presented by Cascade Blues Association;
    * Harmonica Blow-off;
    * United by Music, presented by Delta Music Experience;
    * MarchFourth Marching Band;
    * Dusty 45s;
    * DK Stewart Sextet;
    * Huckle; and more.