Salt Lake City tours

Discussion in 'Utah' started by newbieszz, Mar 15, 2011.

1. newbieszz

newbieszz New Member

hi, what kind of tours can we do in Salt Lake City, or rather I should say how do tourist explore Salt Lake City? Also, have you got any suggestions on day trips or excursions from Salt Lake City?

2. Ruby

Ruby Guest

Walking tours and bus tours are popular ways to explore Salt Lake City attractions. I personally like the walking tour option since Salt Lake City has compact downtown area, which is easy to navigate. Also, a walking tour will be cheaper on the pocket, though bus tours are also great to do since you get a different perspective of the city.

You can also do a three or four day Yellowstone Tour from Salt Lake City by bus, and get to see the famous Old Faithful as well as many other geysers, hot springs, mud pots and fumaroles that Yellowstone is famous for.

3. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

You also can visit some of the Mormon sites in Salt Lake City. In Temple Square, you can work on some genealogy, listen to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, and see some of the historic sites connected to Brigham Young and the first settlers.

4. melindamessenger

melindamessenger New Member

what to do in SLC

I highly recommend a day hike on one of the many trails in the Wasatch Mountains. They are literally minutes from downtown. the tour of the Temple Square is also worth doing even as it's as iconic as the Vatican in Rome.

There is also a fantastic Farmers’ Market in pioneer park right near downtown every Saturday morning which is filled with vendors selling art and food vendors. It makes for a great way to spend a Saturday morning.