San Blas Islands vacation

Discussion in 'Panama' started by seethesound, Jan 7, 2010.

1. seethesound

seethesound New Member

hello guys,

i have a few questions. We're considering a vacation to Panama and we like the idea of a vacation in the San Blas Islands.

What can i expect there and when is the best time to come here?

2. Ruby

Ruby Guest

hi there,

The best time to come to the San Blas Islands is between April and June, when the snorkeling and scuba diving are perhaps at their best. This is a year-round destination, however, so worry not if you plan your trip outside of those months.

If you're traveling to the San Blas Islands for the first time, the Kuna Indians control the region, and they offer some pretty basic accommodations that are really charming. The Kuna people themselves are very friendly and they welcome tourists with open arms.

3. Maverick

Maverick New Member

San Blas was one of the most amazing places I have ever been. Very small island - very nice people and the food was remarkable. They will serve squid for one of the meals so if you don't like squid tell them when you get there.

They take you on tours everyday - trip to the village - trip to the burial grounds - to other island for swimming and snorkeling.

We were there in March and the weather was perfect. We enjoyed our trip that we bught a small house in Boqueron.

We stayed at the Yandup Lodge. Flying Air Panama was a trip and quite interesting..

Have Fun