Santa's Express scenic train ride

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania' started by Vicolette, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Here's a fun holiday option for folks visiting West Chester. On December 15 and 16 at 11am, 1pm, 3pm, and 5pm, kids and adults can take the 90-minute ride with Santa on the Christmas train through the scenic back country of Pennsylvania's Chester Creek Valley. You'll pass several vintage train stations and arrive at Glen Mills where you can explore the Victorian station. There will be live music on board, picture opps with Santa, and sweet treats on the return trip. The train runs year-round in case you can't make it during the holidays.

2. Heruiop

Heruiop New Member

a treat for the kids

Cool, any ideas who much it would cost to ride on the Santa's Express? I did the pumpkin scenic train ride on West Chester as part of the Halloween celebrations and we had a blast riding a vintage train, while the kids loved being all dressed up in their Halloween costumes. If I remember well, we paid around $15 plus a $3 handling fee per ticket. I too would recommend doing the West Chester train ride if you're in the area;)

3. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Ticket prices are $20 for adults, $13 ages 2 to 12, and $6 for kids under 2 years old. Looks like it's going to be a lot of fun. Hope those in the area can make it!