Sardinia from Rome

Discussion in 'Italy' started by matadorez, Dec 3, 2010.

1. matadorez

matadorez New Member

Hi,

is it possible to fly from Rome to Sardinia? if so, what airlines fly from Rome please? Also, do you have any suggestions on paces to stay close to restaurants and bars, and with a nice beach?
    Any help much appreciated

2. Danny

Danny Moderator

Yes it is possible, normally with AirOne, easy-jet or Ryan air, though I wouldn't suggest departing from Rome if you're on a budget. I'd suggest leaving from Pisa International Airport instead and you'll be paying at least half as less.

Either way, you can choose either Cagliari or Alghero, which is on the Northwest corner of the island, though I'd choose Alghero because of the beaches and resort atmosphere. Also, the town is just 5 miles away and the airport offers a direct bus that will get you into town quickly.

By the way, if you're wondering how to get to Pisa, it is an easy train journey through central Italy from Rome, which will be worth it.

3. BlackEyes

BlackEyes New Member

Yes, there are regular flights to Sardinia from Rome. These are usually centered on the Alghero Airport, Ryanair has a lot of flights there.