scared about going alone to Australia

Discussion in 'Australia' started by yuiope, Apr 26, 2011.

1. yuiope

yuiope New Member

I had planned a ticket to Australia with a friend, and to cut the story short she backed out on me now:(. I originally had a whole itinerary set up but now I'm so lost and scared about going alone. Is it safe for me to travel alone or should I just join an expensive tour?

How easy is it for me to just fly to Cairns and find a reasonably priced trip to the great barrier reef for 4 days then come back?

2. Danny

Danny Moderator

Australia is a relatively safe country, even for females travelers, though I wouldn't go to Australia with the mind-set that you can go anywhere by yourself, hitch-hike a car, or go on a 10 day hike through the outback by yourself with no equipment.

Don't throw common sense out of the window, don't wander through a dodgy part of one of the big cities at night and you won't have nothing to worry about.

Btw, Cairns is jam-packed with travel agencies where you can book all kinds of trips to the great barrier reef; from half-day trips to Green Island to week-long sailing voyages. So yeah, just show up, shop around, and book something.

good luck!

3. halongbaycruises365

halongbaycruises365 New Member

We dont bite down in Ozzy land, you know? trust me, you will make more friends than you ever have. Just say hello to everyone and we ozzies will do the rest;)

4. fburns

fburns New Member

you shouldnot be afraid,its a beautiful country and people dont bite outsiders here;)best of luck