Shortest flight from US to Australia

Discussion in 'Australia' started by mjpawl, Oct 14, 2007.

1. mjpawl

mjpawl New Member

We want to visit Australia in the fall of 2008. We want to cruise. We found a roundtrip cruise from US to Australia, but it is too many days (65 days) and we only have 3 or 4 weeks. So, we want to fly to Australia, then cruise around there, then fly back. I am not looking forward to a 20 hour flight (I am a smoker) so does anyone know the shortest distance flight we can take from the US to Australia. We are in the midwest but can fly from anywhere. Your help is greatly appreciated.

2. ftuley

ftuley New Member

United Airlines offer airline tickets, which operates a daily non-stop flight from Los Angeles (LAX) to Sydney, Australia (SYD) regularly scheduled to depart at 10:25pm and arrive at 6:10am.
    Usually a Boeing 747-400 is flown for this route.
    Generally, a movie is offered on this route. The average travel time from Los Angeles, CA to Sydney, Australia is 14 hours and 45 minutes.
    Qantas also does flights more or less like this take a look here and see if you can find something suitable for your needs Airlines to Australia.
    I recommend that you take a look here as well Australia tours Australia tours are an excellent way to experience some of the great sights Australia has to offer.
    I hope this helps!

3. d360

d360 Administrator

Try using the "build your trip" flight comparsion tool it will search multiple websites and get you the best price.

4. garrys

garrys New Member

QANTAS has flights from Los Angeles to Sydney that take only 14:30 hours. They also have flights from San Francisco to Sydney that take 14:35 hours.

5. vrahul1984

vrahul1984 New Member

hi, kindly share your Australian experience ? i want to travel from India to Australia & need guidance. I am studying some facts from nationmaster but still not clear about few things. Regards !