sightseeing in San Francisco

Discussion in 'California' started by Morning_Star, Feb 3, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Morning_Star

Morning_Star New Member

hi guys,

During our trip in San Francisco we wish to do plenty of sightseeing in and around the city. Do you guys know any other ways apart from buses to enjoy sightseeing? cheers!

2. VacationBuddy

VacationBuddy Administrator

hi there,

For a fun day out sightseeing in San Francisco, I would suggest taking a Segway tour as an alternative to a bus tour.

By the way, a Segway is a kind of scooter. It has two wheels and is powered by a motor. Segway riders control the machines from a standing position, and they have handlebars and brakes at their disposal.

In my opinion, one of the advantages of taking a Segway tour in San Francisco while sightseeing is that you won't have to hike up any of the city's hills, which can be a task.

San Francisco is a very hilly city, and it can be quite an ordeal walking up and down some of its more vertical streets.

Hope this helps
    Vacationbuddy

3. BlackEyes

BlackEyes New Member

Here’s my list:
    Alcatraz- The Rock (World’s famous prison)
    Golden Gate Bridge -One of America's top ten construction marvels -A MUST SEE!
    Fisherman's Wharf- City's most popular destination

4. walksthewalk

walksthewalk New Member

Although San Francisco is a hilly city, they do have walking tours that are not too strenuous (or at least they did when I was there in 2006). The Golden Gate Bridge is indeed amazing, by the way - one of those things that you can't appreciate just by seeing it on a postcard.