Singapore attractions

Discussion in 'Singapore' started by geremylope, Jul 7, 2009.

1. geremylope

geremylope New Member

hi, i needed some help, i need some ideas where Singapore's best attractions are located? can anyone offer any input? cheers

2. VacationBuddy

VacationBuddy Administrator

hi there,

Most Singapore attractions are found within a short distance from the main urban center. A great way to explore the many Singapore attractions is by cable car such as the Mount Faber Cable Car.

The Faber cable car starts from the apex of Mount Faber Hill and runs all the way to the Straits of Johor taking around 30 minutes.

Other things to do in Singapore include a trip to the exciting Night Safari, visiting the Singapore Zoo and touring the Katong neighborhood for a taste of local culture.

Hope this helps
    Vacationbuddy

3. Heart7

Heart7 New Member

I am new to Singapore and here are the places I visited that I strongly recommend to my friends:

Sentosa
    Esplanadae
    Merlion
    Clarke Quay
    Chinese Gardens
    Singapore Zoo

4. page

page New Member

Grab a free copy of Singapore travel guide upon your arrival in Singapore. You will never go wrong visiting some of the world class Singapore tourist attractions such as the Singapore Zoo, Singapore Night Safari, Jurong Bird Park and Sentosa Island. Next, you should do some shopping at the Orchard Road, experience the nightlife of Singapore in the Boat Quay and Clark Quay.

5. shawn_sg

shawn_sg New Member

Depends on what you're looking for, geremylope!

Nature and the Outdoors
    Singapore Botanic Gardens (central)
    Singapore Zoo (north)
    Jurong Bird Park (west)
    Sentosa (south, south-west)

I guess sentosa is not a real representation of nature, but there's still the outdoor beach element!

6. khelzy09

khelzy09 New Member

Animal, Birds & Aquatic Life
    Jurong Bird Park
    Night Safari
    Singapore Zoological Gardens
    The Singapore Crocodilarium
    Butterfly Park and Insect Kingdom

Arts, Cultural & Museums
    Asian Civilisations Museum at Empress Place
    National Museum of Singapore
    Peranakan Museum
    Peranakan Place Museum
    Royal Selangor Pewter Museum
    Singapore Air Force Museum
    Singapore Art Museum / 8Q sam
    The Changi Museum
    The Singapore Mint Coin Gallery
    Labrador Secret Tunnels
    Hua Song Museum
    Singapore Philatelic Museum

7. thebestofsingapore

thebestofsingapore New Member

universal studios singapore, night safari, singapore flyer, ducktours, gardens by the bay.

food: tian tian chicken rice, bak kut teh, chilli crab

8. travelabroad

travelabroad New Member

Must see places in Singapore are:

1. Universal Studios Singapore
    2. Sentosa Island
    3. Singapore Botanical Gardens
    4. Boat Quay and Clarke Quay
    5. Fountain of Wealth
    6. Singapore Flyer
    7. Singapore River
    8. National Museum of Singapore
    9. Merlion Park
    10. Marina Bay Sands

Enjoy!

9. brightsuntravel

brightsuntravel New Member

Hello Everyone,
    There are some Singapore attractions. These are the followings:

1. Singapore Zoo Breakfast: Singapore Zoo, located in the north of the island at Mandai, has the world's most successful orangutan-breeding program, and the largest social colony of these highly intelligent primates. Don't miss the opportunity to photograph and interact with the orangutans as they swing and climb in their naturalistic enclosure.

2. Singapore Zoo: Take time out with the family at one of Singapore’s most popular attractions, Singapore Zoo. This world-class establishment is beautifully landscaped with acres of tropical foliage, pleasing the animals who live here and visitors alike.

3. Singapore Flyer: All great cities of the world have a big wheel these days, and Singapore is no exception. Lifting you 165 m (540 feet) into the air, the Singapore Flyer is the world’s largest observation wheel, providing amazing panoramic views of the city, the sea and the surrounds.

4. Singapore Chinatown: For many visitors, Singapore Chinatown is the sightseeing focus of the city, home to traditional shop houses, temples and cultural heritage.

5. Singapore Night Safari: Singapore Zoo Night Safari, Winner of the Singapore Tourism Awards Best Leisure Attraction Experience, is the world's first tour of its kind.

Well! thanks to all for informative post.

10. raviprakash.seo

raviprakash.seo New Member

Singapore Zoo
    Singapore Botanical Gardens
    Boat Quay and Clarke Quay
    Singapore Flyer
    Singapore Science Centre
    National Museum of Singapore
    Little India Singapore
    Marina Bay Sands

11. peter

peter New Member

Chinese Gardens, little India, china town, Singapore flyer, Singapore zoo etc . There are a lot of attraction in Singapore. This country is very neat and clean. One can enjoy everywhere in Singapore. Visitors can also enjoy various shopping mall for which Singapore is famous.

12. kumarmanoj1

kumarmanoj1 New Member

A honeymoon in Singapore is not a bad idea! After all, the popularity of this destination has been on the rise persistently! Plus, it is an offshore destination and one which is not very expensive! There are plenty of sightseeing attractions, some exotic beaches and great facilities for shopping and binging!