Discussion in 'Singapore' started by geremylope, Jul 7, 2009.
Most Singapore attractions are found within a short distance from the main urban center. A great way to explore the many Singapore attractions is by cable car such as the Mount Faber Cable Car.
The Faber cable car starts from the apex of Mount Faber Hill and runs all the way to the Straits of Johor taking around 30 minutes.
Other things to do in Singapore include a trip to the exciting Night Safari, visiting the Singapore Zoo and touring the Katong neighborhood for a taste of local culture.
Hope this helps
I am new to Singapore and here are the places I visited that I strongly recommend to my friends:
Grab a free copy of Singapore travel guide upon your arrival in Singapore. You will never go wrong visiting some of the world class Singapore tourist attractions such as the Singapore Zoo, Singapore Night Safari, Jurong Bird Park and Sentosa Island. Next, you should do some shopping at the Orchard Road, experience the nightlife of Singapore in the Boat Quay and Clark Quay.
Depends on what you're looking for, geremylope!
Nature and the Outdoors
Singapore Botanic Gardens (central)
Singapore Zoo (north)
Jurong Bird Park (west)
Sentosa (south, south-west)
I guess sentosa is not a real representation of nature, but there's still the outdoor beach element!
Animal, Birds & Aquatic Life
Jurong Bird Park
Singapore Zoological Gardens
The Singapore Crocodilarium
Butterfly Park and Insect Kingdom
Arts, Cultural & Museums
Asian Civilisations Museum at Empress Place
National Museum of Singapore
Peranakan Place Museum
Royal Selangor Pewter Museum
Singapore Air Force Museum
Singapore Art Museum / 8Q sam
The Changi Museum
The Singapore Mint Coin Gallery
Labrador Secret Tunnels
Hua Song Museum
Singapore Philatelic Museum
universal studios singapore, night safari, singapore flyer, ducktours, gardens by the bay.
food: tian tian chicken rice, bak kut teh, chilli crab
Must see places in Singapore are:
1. Universal Studios Singapore
2. Sentosa Island
3. Singapore Botanical Gardens
4. Boat Quay and Clarke Quay
5. Fountain of Wealth
6. Singapore Flyer
7. Singapore River
8. National Museum of Singapore
9. Merlion Park
10. Marina Bay Sands
There are some Singapore attractions. These are the followings:
1. Singapore Zoo Breakfast: Singapore Zoo, located in the north of the island at Mandai, has the world's most successful orangutan-breeding program, and the largest social colony of these highly intelligent primates. Don't miss the opportunity to photograph and interact with the orangutans as they swing and climb in their naturalistic enclosure.
2. Singapore Zoo: Take time out with the family at one of Singaporeâ€™s most popular attractions, Singapore Zoo. This world-class establishment is beautifully landscaped with acres of tropical foliage, pleasing the animals who live here and visitors alike.
3. Singapore Flyer: All great cities of the world have a big wheel these days, and Singapore is no exception. Lifting you 165 m (540 feet) into the air, the Singapore Flyer is the worldâ€™s largest observation wheel, providing amazing panoramic views of the city, the sea and the surrounds.
4. Singapore Chinatown: For many visitors, Singapore Chinatown is the sightseeing focus of the city, home to traditional shop houses, temples and cultural heritage.
5. Singapore Night Safari: Singapore Zoo Night Safari, Winner of the Singapore Tourism Awards Best Leisure Attraction Experience, is the world's first tour of its kind.
Well! thanks to all for informative post.
Singapore Botanical Gardens
Boat Quay and Clarke Quay
Singapore Science Centre
National Museum of Singapore
Little India Singapore
Marina Bay Sands
Chinese Gardens, little India, china town, Singapore flyer, Singapore zoo etc . There are a lot of attraction in Singapore. This country is very neat and clean. One can enjoy everywhere in Singapore. Visitors can also enjoy various shopping mall for which Singapore is famous.
A honeymoon in Singapore is not a bad idea! After all, the popularity of this destination has been on the rise persistently! Plus, it is an offshore destination and one which is not very expensive! There are plenty of sightseeing attractions, some exotic beaches and great facilities for shopping and binging!
Separate names with a comma.