ski resorts in the Salt Lake City area

Discussion in 'Montana' started by RomanFeduri, Mar 7, 2014.

1. RomanFeduri

RomanFeduri New Member

If you're a serious skier looking for great skiing in the Salt Lake City area, here are some suggestions in Park City, which has several resorts: Little Cottonwood Canyon has Alta and Snowbird; Big Cottonwood has Brighton and Solitude. My favorite though is Breckenridge ski area, which has great powder. The only drawback about this ski area is that it's high altitude so you need to be prepared for altitude sickness.

2. kollghu

kollghu New Member

Near Salt Lake City I would head to Alta or Snowbird for the terrain. If you're looking for resorts with or near bar scene, definitely head to Park City, which is not far from St Regis (in Deer Valley); or Park City Mountain Resort, which is nearby Main Street. These places have several bar options.

3. oceanomar

oceanomar New Member

To do Park City on the cheap, I would suggest staying at the Apres Chateau which is at the base of Park City. Apres Chateau's rate for a dorm is ~$39, which may not sound cheap, but it's as cheap as it gets in this area. Besides, you'll be able to catch one of Park City's shuttle buses and head to other mountains.