Skiing and Tanning

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by Kim, Aug 9, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Kim

Kim New Member

Does anyone know a destination that is only an hour from skiing and an hour from 90 degree weather?

2. herface67

herface67 New Member

tanning while skiing

That's an odd question. Can I ask why you ask that? By the way, you don't really need 90 degrees to get a tan. You can get a tan while skiing almost anywhere, even while it's freezing. Just ask anyone who has gone skiing. You only need the sun to be out, you don't need the heat;)

3. imaginede

imaginede New Member

that's right! You can even get a tan on a cloudy day without even knowing it. I got tanned (almost burnt) in just 10 degree temperature by just being out on a boat with friends. As it turn out, it's not the actual sun rays that tan you but the UV rays, which the clouds apparently don't block.

4. HHH2

HHH2 New Member

most people think that sun tan cream is just for the beach but as a skier you also need it when skiing. Don't be fool by the overcast and cloudy conditions. Even though your body is covered, you need to apply sun lotion to your face and neck areas to prevent burning.

5. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

Northern Arizona does get some snow, so there are a few places to go snowing, mainly up in the mountains. Then it's a couple of hours to the desert...where you can get your sun on. Look around Flagstraff for skiing in the wintertime.

6. staceybrown281

staceybrown281 New Member

I love to have a tan-skin. And also I love skiing. I skied last winter and the sun was shinning very hard and i get tanned.