skiing in Minnesota

Discussion in 'Ski Areas' started by beniciodeltoro, Sep 14, 2010.

1. beniciodeltoro

beniciodeltoro New Member

I am planning a ski vacation in Minnesota with a few friends, and we all have different levels. where we can find many amenities and plenty of ski opportunities to suit all levels.

Anyone has any ideas that they'd like to share?:)

2. Jenna

Jenna Moderator

hiya,

One of the best places for skiing in Minnesota is Afton Alps since it's not far from the Twin Cities. Afton Alps has plenty of amenities and you'll find plenty of ski opportunities, even, well in early spring as the resort has snow making capabilities.

If you decide to go to Afton Alps, I suggest looking into a discounted ski-and-lift package, and considering a cabin rental to save money.

3. krainey

krainey New Member

Do keep in mind that Minnesota is a terrific cross-country skiing destination and good for basic downhill, but it's a relatively flat state, so if you're looking for the really challenging runs you'd expect in Colorado, for instance, it may not be quite right for you. However, Welch Village and Giants Ridge are both great places to go, and Minnesota is one of my favorite ski destinations for family getaways, as it's very kid-friendly, with plenty of safe & fun options for the younger skiers.

4. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

The vast open spaces of Northern Minnesota and the long winter season make skiing in northern Minnesota perfect after the snow flies. The Buena Vista Ski Resort is one of your choices in the north country. It's located in the charming town of Bemidji, also known for its big statue of Paul Bunyon and his Big Blue Ox.

5. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

The Lutsen Resort is another choice for Northwoods skiing in Minnesota. Open for four seasons of fun, the resort is nestled along the shores of mighty Lake Superior. The resort has miles of cross-country skiing trails and a free daily shuttle to the Lutsen Mountains Ski Area.