Skiing in Morrocco

Discussion in 'Morocco' started by kidsiie, Dec 12, 2014.

1. kidsiie

kidsiie New Member

Believe it or not, it snows in Morocco in the High Atlas Mountains. One of the best places for skiing in Morocco is the ski resort of Oukaimeden which is about 40 miles south of Marrakesh. You can hire ski gear there. As far as getting there, you can arrange your trip there from Marrakech through a tour operator or you can hire a driver to take you there.

2. galaxyy23

galaxyy23 New Member

There's only ski resort in Morocco as far as I know. Oukaimeden is quite nice actually and has many of the facilities you would typically find in a European resort, but with a Moroccan flair which I like. The ski gear for hire there is kinda dated and they charge around $20 a day. You can hire cheap ski gear for $5 from unofficial renters though keep in mind their gear is even more dated (like 30 years old).

3. Markbretton

Markbretton New Member

The Moroccan ski season last from December to March. There are actually two ski resorts in Morocco. The one you mentioned Oukaïmden is near Marrakesh, while the other one Mischliffen is near Fès. Still, I too would head for Oukaïmden which is the best one.